Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Workout Log: 2.43.1 - Back/Chest Supersets

I love supersets for two reasons: 1) The are challenging and 2) the speed up the workout so you spend less time working out.  Doing two exercises back to back then resting is the norm here.  In this case, I decided to put push: chest exercises back to back with a pull: back exercises.  It made or a shorter but very intense workout.  It was also over 85 degrees today so even better.

Motivation: 10 - very ready to get going.

Focus: 8.5 - solid but distracted at times.

Goals: Complete Workout, Good Mind-Muscle Connection, Good Preparation

Preparation: Meditation - 5 min., Visualization with Stretching

Weight Training: Back/Chest Supersets (12-15 rep range): 45 secs. between sets, 2 minutes between supersets.
Superset #1:
Bench Press: 120lbs: 15-15-15
One Armed Row: 60lbs.: 15-15-12
Superset #2:
Incline Bench Press: 115lbs: 15-15-15
Rear Delt Flye: 30lbs.: 15-15-15
Superset #3:
Deadlift:135lbs. 15-15-12
Dumbbell Flye: 30lbs.: 15-15-15

Training Notes: I really wanted to add some Cardio today, but in the end it hardly matters.  I was sweating pretty profusely and pushing it pretty good.  my only complaint at this point is my energy level is dropping pretty quickly because of my cut diet.  The goal of getting my body to tap into reserves (fat) seems to be working. Four workouts then Romania where both my ability to exercise and stay on nutrition will be challenged by the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment