Thursday, June 2, 2011

Workout Log 2.42.3 - Back, Biceps and Forearms.

Yesterday's workout handed me a large problem: My stationary bike broke, the pedal and the pedal arm simply snapped off.  That meant a cardio issue not just for today but the future.  Yeah, there is a treadmill in the shop too, but I am not sure how my knees and ankles will take it.  That is part of the reason for the bike.  To overcome this problem I decided to superset my workout.  Supersets are putting to exercises together and taking no break.  The only rest you get is a short one between the double set.  It really can shake things up for your muscles but it also can be a workout for the heart and lungs as well.

Motivation: 9 - it was a little harder to get motivated because I had to rearrange my plans on this one.  I hate that but I roll with it because the alternative is to do nothing.

Focus (New): I want to start asking a different question: How focused was my workout today? Today was a 5 out of ten because I was focused some times and other times my head was out of it and somewhere else.

Goals: Good Preparation, Good Mind-Muscle Connection, Complete Workout

Preparation: Meditation - 5 min. Visualization/Light Stretching

Weight Training:
Superset #1:
Deadlift: 135lbs.: 15-15-15
Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 26lbs.: 15-12-12
Superset #2:
Bent Over Row: 135lbs. 15-15-15
Preacher Curl: 46lbs: 15-12-12
Forearms:
Behind Back Wrist Curls: 115lbs.: 15-15-15
Wrist Roll Ups: 8lbs. (3)

Today was difficult and in part is that my preparation usually includes 10 min. warm up cardio to get the blood pumping.  Without it, I felt a little down and it did not get better.  Despite that I still finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment