Saturday, June 4, 2011

Workout Log: 2.42.4 - Abdominals

Abdominals.  To be honest I don't training these much except during cutting.  The rest of the year there are several lifts that hit them, namely the big two of squats and dead lifts.  In addition, there is probably not a single exercise I can think of that abs are not used as a stabilizer group.  That said the goal for me with abs is to see them.  I actually have always had strong abs with good endurance.  The only real problem about getting fat is that they get covered over.  Getting a six pack, by all accounts is about two things: nutrition and fat burning and that means low carbs, sugars and salt with cardio.  Problem -my main source of cardio is broken so I decided to improvise and basically make rest periods today really short as well as have a ton of exercises.

Motivation: 10 - I was ready to get at it today.

Focus: 9 - Solid, not much mind wandering, mostly every exercise came so fast in the rotation I didn't to have much time to think of other things.

Goals: Complete Workout, Good-Mind Muscle Connection, Good Preparation

Preparation: Meditation, - 5min.; Visualization with Stretching

Weight Training: 15-25 reps, 30 seconds between sets, 60 seconds between exercises
Upper Abs:
Medicine Ball (15lbs.) Crunches Arms extended: 25-25
Crunches: 25-25
Weighted Crunches: (45lb. plate): 25-25
Lower Abs:
Medicine Ball Reverse Crunches: 25-25
Hip Thrusts: 25-25
Leg Raises: 25-25
Obliques:
Barbell Twists: 25-25
Side Bends: 30lbs.: 25-25
Barbell Side Bends: 25-25
Combos:
Air Bike: 25-25
Double Crunches: 25-25

Training Notes:
OK.  I also find Abdominals easy from a lifting stand point.  Maybe some trainer could design me a workout that would challenge me, but so far anything I have tried does not stop me from finishing.  Right now I am in a quandary about what to do after my Romania Trip: 1) - Come back and strength lift so that year three will be all mass building or 2) - do a cut for 7 weeks to try to lose more fat and tighten up my loose skin.  Both would have benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment