Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Workout Log - 2.47.1 - Legs (with Nutrition Notes)

I decided to make my first workout of my second cut this year to be legs.  I have been not doing much for three week so I wanted to hit it hard and make my Legs cry for mercy.  Upped the reps range to 15-20 and did not increase the weight too much.  I have a new stationary bike so I wanted to try it out by using one of its preset routines -- 20 minutes with resistance range from 1-5.

Motivation: 10 - wanted to start off right.

Focus: 9.5 - really no problem with only one or two lapses in concentration.

Goals: Complete Workout with Good Preparation and Mind-Muscle Connection

Preparation: Meditation - 5 min.; Cardio - 5 min.; Stretching / Visualization.

Weight Training: (30 sec. rest between sets / 90 sec. rest between exercises)
Quads:
Leg Extensions: 100lbs. 20-20-20
Squats: 135lbs. 20-20-20
Hamstrings:
Good Mornings: 115lbs. 20-15-15
Leg Curls: 60lbs. 20-15-15
Calves
Calf Raises 135lbs. 25-25-20

Cardio: 20 minutes - Preset 1 - Heart rate was solid but this was fairly easy.

Training Notes:
Going to raise the weight levels for Quads, it was too easy.  Everything else was tight though and I love my new bike.  It has 7 more preset routines that I will try over the next couple weeks.  after three weeks the rep ranges will shift to 15-25. 

Nutrition Notes:
Day One of Cut #2 for the year. Calorie Range will be 3000-2800 for the next three weeks with minimal cheating.  The last three weeks I will drop it to 2200-2000 calories and no cheating.  Salt as a seasoning is OK until the last week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment