Thursday, May 26, 2011

Body Building for Christ: My History, My Vision and My Blog

For over a year and a half, I have been engaged in the pursuit of a bodybuilders body.  Mostly my motivation has come from a desire to make what I see in the mirror better each day.  In large part this has been successful, but I acknowledge that there is still a long way to go.  In the past I have seen some good results but I want more.

So far I have for the most part followed other people's plans that I find in the magazines and websites. Most of this I have viewed as an experiment to see what works for me.  There are still a lot of things to try and so that will probably continue for at least another year.  When I started I weighed 327lbs. and was almost 30% body fat.  Now I am roughly 275lbs. and under 10% body fat for the most part.  I have been cutting the last six weeks so that last number is lower still. 

My ultimate goal for the future is to compete, but I also understand I have  long way to go.  In need more muscle size for sure, my loose skin to tighten up and my training and nutrition to be more and more disciplined and intense.  In the meantime, I am going to focus my sights on learning the bodybuilding cycle and techniques for training and nutrition.  Ultimately I have learned that this is a game of knowledge and applying that knowledge.

This blog is more about accountability and that learning process than anything else.  It is my desire to post on my person quest, my supplements, my magazine reviews, my nutrition, my training and bodybuilding in general as far as news, opinion, issues and contests.  In so doing I hope to have journal of sorts to help me sort things out.  If it also happens to make a little money because people are interested in what I have to say, even better.  If I also inspire someone else to take up the journey as well, then even better than that.

My main passage of scripture that guides me is 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own.  For you have been bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body.  The ultimate thing being to create a temple of the Holy Spirit that he will be proud to dwell in.  May God grant my the knowledge and wisdom I need to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment